Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Four from Four and Drink Some More

My good blog buddy Mrs Lisa over at Laughing Orca Ranch spotted me a couple of nifty award and challenge things today.

The first is the photo file challenge. I believe that I'm supposed to pick the fourth photo in my forth photo file. Let's see what we have here.



I should have cheated and posted something better, but this is a perfect example of my non-existant photography skills. My mom was a wonderful photographer. I obviously take after my dad. lol This is a picture of my hubby (the tallest in the center with a tan hat, if you can see it) giving our older son his badge in the end of the year Boy Scout ceremonies when they are going from Tiger Cub to become, I believe, a Bobcat. In any case, not the greatest picture, but a fun memory. Lisa also said I could do 6th picture from 6th file and 8th picture from 8th file, so let's see what those are.



Of course this one above just had to be a lovely picture including myself at my best. My 6th folder is Christmas 2006 and the 6th picture is of me, in all my early Christmas morning glory, helping my younger son, who was 2 years old, fill a PEZ dispenser his lovely aunt gave him for Christmas. You KNOW candy outweighs ANY cool Christmas toy ever. lol!! So yeah, another great picture courtesy of moi. Let's see what 8 in 8 brings. (covering my eyes)



Ok, now we're a bit too bright. lol Of course my folders are in alphabetical order, so if I had Christmas 2006 for my 6th file, what just might be two later? Right, Christmas 2008. This is a picture of my boys in front of the finished tree. You're lucky it wasn't the 10th picture or you would have seen this:


Most of my pictures tend to look like that because the boys are NEVER serious. and in

damn. Blogger didn't save and cut off the rest of my post and now I don't remember what I wrote :(( grrrr I'll try my best.

Now for the part I'll bet you were wondering about, DRINKING!!! lol Non alcoholic this time, but both Lisa and now I see Mrs. Mom tagged me for the Lemonade Stand Award.



This award is for bloggers who show Great Attitude/Gratitude:
1. Post the picture
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show Great Attitude and/or Gratitude.
3. Link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Link this post to the person from who you received your award.

I LOVE the game Lemonade Stand. Anyone ever play that? Anyone?? Ok, I used to have it on my, get this, my Commodore 64. Do you know what that is?? lol It's an ancient computer. My mom had won the lottery once and won enough to get a computer, so that's what we got. And I had Lemonade Stand for it. I liked that boring game so much I actually bought it online for my computer here at work!! lol.

Ok, so now I'm going to take Adventures of a Horse Crazed Mind's lead, and since I believe everyone whose blog I read has gotten this award, because they are so awesome, at this time I invite you to check out the blogs that I read that are listed to your left. You will find some very fine ladies who have both great attitude and gratitude for the many wonderful things and animals in their lives.

Love you all!!

3 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

lol! Well you got off easy now, didn't ya? lol!
It me HOURS to look for all the blogs and copy paste the blog addresses into my post. gah!

Those pictures you posted are so cute, especially the one of you helping to load the Pez...betcha snagged a couple for yourself, too, eh?

I wonder if Atari had the leonade game, too. I think I remember playing that on my Atari.

I still have my Atari and my kids play with it, though they love to tell me how boring the games are. lol!

~Lisa

I love the word verification today: 'uncatty'....much better than 'catty' right? :)

ezra_pandora said...

lol!! I know, I'm such a slacker. Always looking for the easy way out. I'm so late that I think probably everyone on my list has received the awards though. lol

Yes, I love PEZ too. One of my sisters has a little tradition that she does. She doesn't send toys and all that, she just sends each kid a new and different PEZ dispense for each Christmas and Easter. It's something that's fun.

Atari?? lol!! Yeah, that was around the Commodore 64 era. My son wants a Ninteno DS soooo bad, but I let him play my game boy. The ancient one from like 15 year ago that I bought myself after getting a job. It's in black and white still if that tells you anything. I think our Atari is still at my dad's house somewhere. That would fun. lol

You get the best word verifications. lol

kdwhorses said...

Great pics!

Congrats on your award!

Atari~I remember that! We had one when I was growing up! Mrs. Pac Man, Frogger, Donkey Kong, Space Invaders, the good old games!

 

dream weaver stats
Weight Loss Pill