Monday, November 24, 2008

Tag, (meme) I'm it

Thank you Mrs. Mom!! :) I got a blogging tag (called a meme, but I'm not sure if that's what it's called or it's just called that because it's all about me me me) to tell everyone 7 Things You Did Not Know About Me. Well heck. That could be ANYTHING!! lol So here goes. I'll go for some cool, some wacky and maybe some normal, if there is any :)

1. I write down what I wear each day so as not to wear the same thing twice within a certain amount of time. Yes, this includes naming my clothes so that I know what clothes are which. Not like Sue and Chloe or anything like that, but like "long gray skirt" or "stretchy black T" or "C's sweater" for a sweater my friend Christine gave me. This really only applies to work clothes. At home, yeah, I admit, I wear my clothes 4 or 5 times in a row if we're just going out to the barn. What's the sense in washing everything more often than I have to, right? I want to make sure they are really dirty. lol But I will say I'm not the only one, my co-worker does it too, hehe.

2. My hubby is 17 years older than I am. It must be in my genes because my mom was also 17 years younger than my dad was. I'm of the mind that age is just a number. Hubby DEFINITELY doesn't act like he's 17 years older than I am. I was always told that men are way more immature than women, so we're about equal and I will venture to say sometimes I am a little more mature. lol

3. I got married in Las Vegas and "Elvis" (the older more mature one) performed. He didn't perform the ceremony, but he was the entertainment. It was great and everyone remarked it was way more fun than their own weddings. lol

4. I own a 1957 Cadillac that I bought at a flea market. Talk about vehicles attracting guys. My truck was one thing, but when I brought out the Caddy, watch out!! lol And by the way, Caddy's can fit 5 fully grown tall men and two smaller women comfortably :)

5. I was a tomboy growing up and prided myself in the fact that I did not EVER wear a dress or skirt to school from 7th through 12th grade. The only reason I wore them before that was because my mom MADE me. She had always wanted a little girly girl to dress up and make pretty. HA! Like daughter like mother because my mom was a tomboy too growing up :) Now, I kind of secretly like to dress up :) The fancier the better. Hair and makeup (I'm a Mary Kay consultant so that part's kind of a given and normal everyday event) and sparkly dresses and high heels. I love it. Sad thing is, I NEVER have events to dress up at. This leads to a funny story. When I finally had the chance to go to a class reunion, my hubby's 25th year, hehe, I always pictured getting dressed up and going dancing and having fun. Yeah. The one thing I didn't count on? They were all Mennonites (not my hubby of course or he wouldn't be my hubby for religious reasons), which is an off branch of Amish. Apparently because they were not allowed to dance together when they were in school, they still do not do it to this day. And they don't drink, at least in public, which I really could have used that night. We walk in, me in my blue spaghetti strap dress and sparkly strappy heels and what do I see? A bunch of older (obviously) people wearing khaki pants and SWEATER VESTS!!!!! I'm like AHHH!! TAKE ME HOME!! Hubby's like no no, you're fine. I'm like yeah, they are all STARING at me!! I was so embarrassed. Apparently the menfolk liked it, of course. They were all falling over each other to sit at our table. Did I say I was embarrassed? I was, for sure. I'm still not a girly girl or anything, but I like the chance to show off my girlish figure sometimes.

6. Neither of my children look a thing like me. They both look alike and look EXACTLY like their father. Heck, if men had babies and my hubby had given birth to them, I'd wonder who he cheated on me with!! lol But since I actually saw them come out (very interesting to watch yourself give birth, not for the squeemish) so I can't deny they are mine. That and the fact that my older one did apparently inherit one thing from me. His bloodcurling shriek when he was little. I supposedly used to give that same shriek that made everyone run for their life. lol

and lastly.....

7. Hmmm, what last? I guess that when I was little, I had long, stick straight feathery, light blond hair. Then when I was in 2nd grade my mom gave me a mushroom top haircut (HATED IT) and after that, my hair gradually got darker and C-U-R-L-Y. I now have super tight, non-permed, curly hair that is a mix between darker blond and lighter brown. My mom had jet black hair and my dad had medium brown. I will probably end up with the medium brown, I'm nowhere close to having black hair, but I did get her hazel eyes. My brother got our dad's steel gray eyes.

I'm sure I could go on all day, but it only asked for 7 and if I give everything now, I may not have anything else to write about one day. But I do have a little short post coming up that will tell you something else about me that you don't know ;)

I'm supposed to tag some people, but I'm not really great at that yet, it took FOREVER on my first tag (and the link at the beginning of this), and I actually want to get this posted today, so whoever reads and hasn't told us ALL about themselves, please do :) I'd love to read about you. Not in a stalker-ish type of way, just friends! lol

Bye for now!

2 comments:

Flying Lily said...

I pretty much wear the same thing every day (different actual items but same general look: turtleneck, slacks). If it ain't broke why fix it? My first year teaching, several of the students wrote in their course evaluations: "needs to vary her wardrobe", or words to that effect. !

ezra_pandora said...

lol!! I'm sure people at the barn wonder about me too. I actually wear the same clothes because my thoughts are, why ruin more than one? I have my barn clothes and my normal clothes. Barn clothes get worn maybe 5 or 6 times before they are sent to the pit to wash.

 

dream weaver stats
Weight Loss Pill