Friday, December 12, 2008

12 Days Till Christmas

Ugh. You hear that alot from me don't ya? Sorry, everything seems to catch me somehow, and Christmas is the latest. Less than 2 weeks and only one more paycheck until Christmas. How am I going to manage this. I think I really just need a few more things for the kids, but I have so much more to DO. Like Christmas tree and decorations, wrapping, documenting all my presents to make sure everyone has something and that it's all fair. Although I don't think the kids actually count who gets what, they are only 7 and 4, I know my mom always made sure to have things for each of us that evened stuff out.

Lisa at Laughing Orca Ranch did a little fun Christmas questionnaire and I figured I would too. I'm all up for this kind of thing to see what everyone likes or doesn't. So, please, if you do too, post this on your blog and let everyone know so we can tell if you are Tiny Tim or Scrooge :))

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate for sure. But I like mine made with milk, not water.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Definitely wrapped. And he usually wraps them the night of Christmas Eve as soon as kids go to bed. That way, he can be really really tired the next day while waking up at the butt crack of dawn to excited kids. Will he ever learn??? lol

3. Colored lights on house/tree or white? I don't put any out on the house outside because of the hood we live in, they'd be gone in 60 seconds. But inside the house, we decorate the tree with the bigger colored lights and change a few with the blinking ones so that a few twinkle, but not all of them.



This past year, the nice guys at the tree lot gave the boys their own "Charlie Brown" tree. This tree was anything but. In fact, I'm very ashamed to say this, the tree just got put outside about a month ago. hehe. None of the needles were falling off, it stayed green and it actually still smelled good. Here you see the boys with their very own tree in their bedroom. Daddy wouldn't put lights on it though because he had a feeling someone would turn them on all the time. lol



4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yep. I made some of my own in a little bulb.

5. When do you put your decorations up? I usually do the weekend of Dec. 11th. When we were younger, my mom would put them up after my big bro's b-day, Dec. 11th and take them down the day after my b-day the beginning of Jan. So, that was a good amount of time, I decided to stick with that.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? HoneyBaked (brand) Ham

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I don't really have a favorite, but I remember a funny one. One year I bought myself a present and wrapped it up (after I knew there was no Santa, but mom and didn't know I knew) and put it under the tree. Mom and dad were kind of looking at each other to see who got it for me. hehe. I was such a stinker. I kept insisting it was Santa.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Santa will always be alive in our minds. St. Nicks day was last Saturday and my 7 year old thought he wouldn't get anything because St. Nick was dead. Low and behold not only did he get something in one pair of shoes, St. Nick left an extra candy cane in another pair. lol I think I was probably around 8 or 9, but I still secretly wanted to believe.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope. We were never allowed to do that. Sometimes if it's from someone else and they are there we will let them.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Just a big mish mash of ornaments. Some that were given to me as a child, some my children made, some I bought my first year I moved in with my hubby since his mom had died that year and his brother and sister took everything.

11. Snow. Love it or dread it? LOVE snow. I hate sleet and freezing rain though, which we were getting Tuesday. Today we are getting big fluffy flakes.

12. Can you ice skate? I can, but I'm definitely not too good at it, but I like to.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I really don't remember one single favorite gift. I was usually pretty happy with whatever I got.

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Getting through them? lol Saving money? I like being able to have a day off to relax with the boys.

15. What are your favorite holiday desserts? Hmm, my co-worker makes excellent cookies, but I think my favorite holiday dessert is Buckeyes!!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? The Lights Before Christmas at the Toledo Zoo, or we go to Archbold's park and they have a drive through light display. Then we go eat Chinese.

17. What tops your Christmas tree? We have a dapple gray horse angel from Rod's Western Palace :)

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? I prefer giving if I have something to give. The boys are funny because instead of trying to find out everything they got, they open one thing and want to start immediately playing with it.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? It Came Upon A Midnight Clear

20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck? Yum, but I like the LifeSaver's kind. Or really any kind as long as it's cherry :)

21. What do you want for Christmas? A new saddle? lol Not going to happen. New undies, usually happens. I'm asking for a scrapbook weekend though in March. :))

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? Nope. Oh wait, yes I do, with my mom's side of the family. Only this year, it's closer to a New Years Eve party since it's the 30th.

23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear jammies? Usually in the jammies.

24. Do you own a Santa hat? No. After I dressed my son up as Santa when he was 6 months old, my hubby banned any Santa wear :(

25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? Just the 4 of us, and yes, critters too including 2 horses, 3 dogs, 3 fish and 1 hermit crab :)

26. What are your least favorite things about Christmas? Having to go back to work the next day. Oh wait, putting AWAY the Christmas decorations and trying to get kids to put away all their new toys instead of leaving them all around the small living room.

Christmas plans for this year anyone?? I will be doing basically the same thing as we did for Thanksgiving, except there will be a tree and presents. Same food. Same people. No shopping the next day.

No comments:

 

dream weaver stats
Weight Loss Pill