Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Goodies

(This copy and paste thing is working wonderfully!! I can write here and there, then post at once and not have to use my entire lunch on just my post! ) The time has come for me to FINALLY show you all my magical wonderful handmade hat from Mrs. Lisa at Laughing Orca ranch. (I’ll get to a post someday about the magic solution my trainer gave me last week, lol) Waaaaaaaaaaay back when, she had an alphabet challenge and the price was an awesome hat and scarf set made by her crafty hands. When the challenge was all said and done, she picked her winner for the hat and scarf set. But then she surprised everyone who completed the challenge and made us all a hat or scarf!! I got mine in a lovely sparkly lavender color. Without further ado, here I am (please excuse the thing peeking out from under the hat making it look not nearly as pretty as it really is, lol) This hat is SO warm, that I actually got toasty just putting it on for the pictures. It did wonders out at the barn when we were having our -15F degree temps too. I’ll admit one thing, I kinda felt like a bank robber, but a nice looking one. Hehe I always thought I looked funny with stocking caps on, but with this one, I don’t care what I look like, I’m WARM!!!! So thank you, thank you, thank you Mrs. Lisa for taking the time to make me that lovely, warm, gorgeous hat just for reading your interesting and way informative blogs about everything from A to Z, literally. I really, really enjoy your blog and I’m so glad to have “met” you online. I send 100 million good wishes your way that things will get back to normal for you and you have the courage and desire to get back on your pretty painted girl :) My second goody is the bandages that I won on The Funky Monkey. I couldn’t believe it!! I never win ANYTHING and it was like my 3rd or 4th contest I think that I entered into and I won. To give you a good example of my luck, my cousin and I went to the scrapbooking weekend (I’m going to try to take some pictures of some of the pages I did and post them, some day!) and we’ve been going for about 3 years and it’s twice a year. Ok? Well, you get tickets each day that you attend (1, 2 or 3 days and 10 tickets each day) for you to put into gift baskets full of goodies. You can pick and choose or put a ticket in all the baskets. They also have a basket that they put tickets that didn’t win a basket into for massages that a massage school comes to do throughout the weekend. My cousin and I NEVER win. Not even the freaking massages. And they give out like 5 of those for every basket they draw from. So this weekend, they also had ways to get extra tickets. Like fill out a “wish list” for the Creative Memories consultant to give to your loved ones for your birthdays and such, or you could schedule a crop class at your house, or whatever. So my cousin and I do the wish list. The ticket from the wish lists got put into a basket for a free scrapbooking weekend ($80 value) for the fall. Yeah right. We’d never win. We had been joking around that maybe we should leave and we might win because it seemed like everyone that won wasn’t there. They were out to eat or getting massages or swimming or whatever. Anyhow, Sunday rolls around and we had to leave before the drawing, but you didn’t have to be present to win. Two and a half hours later when they did the drawing, who do you think got a call???? NOT ME!!!! MY COUSIN!!!! I’m happy for her, really, but DANG! lol!! So yeah, that’s our luck and I personally never win anything, so getting the hat Lisa made for me and winning the bandages on The Funky Monkey make them all the more special to me. The bandages (I can’t call them Bandaids because that’s a brand name, and these are not those) came in three styles seen below. For the blog, she lists things you can do to get entered and one of them was list which one you would want. I figured that’s the one that I would get. Nope!! She sent me ALL THREE!!! We now have Teen-Ages for boys, Teen-Ages for girls and Own-Ages which is the create your own decorations. As you can see here, the Own-Ages come in 5 colors and 3 markers to decorate as you please. Here is a picture of my little one showing off said boo-boo that NEEDED a bandage (according to him). (which one do I want to use?? Decisions, decisions) He picked the Own-Age bandages to cover it. What did he do? He picks the pink one and colors the entire thing blue, seen here: Creative one, isn’t he? lol He’s his daddy’s boy, we’ll just say that. yeah. Well, then he decided he wanted a bath, so of course said bandage had to come off and he HAD to put a new on after his bath and here is that one:



I also took a little video of him coloring his pink bandage blue, but I still haven’t mastered the posting videos thing yet. Some day. Because I also took video of my Sassie and her roll/buck and fart routine that caused us great laughter when Sis attempted it. That’s ok. Another time. So that’s all there is, there ain’t not more. I definitely suggest going to The Funky Monkey and taking 10 seconds to peep at all her giveaways and sign up for things you might want. You never know when you might actually win. If I did, YOU certainly can too!! Have a great day, and stop back by tomorrow for my Friday Funnies. As usual, I hope to not disappoint!

6 comments:

Melissa-ParadigmFarms said...

Love the hat! That "thing" peeking out from underneath it is pretty cute too!

Looking forward to Friday :)

Roxmysox said...

Congrats on winning stuff - I never seem to win anything either ( although I do get loads of junk through the post telling me I'm entered in a prize draw etc)
Here's an example of my luck - my ex won the lottery ! Lol.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awwwww, thanks for posting the pic of you wearing the hat I made for you. I love it on you! It's truly your color, my friend. If it makes you look like a bank robber, you're one heck of a cute one! hehe

I've made many hats and scarves as gifts over the years and rarely ever see them worn by the gifr recipient, so I can't tell you how tickled I am to see you wear it :)

And those bandages are way cool. Too funny coloring the pink badage blue! Gotta cover up that pink ya know. hehe

I started entering the Funky Monkey contests after I saw you post about them last months. I think I've entered at least 10 already. So far, no luck, but there seem to be many more people entering the contests now, so the odds are less to win, I suppose. But I have to believe my number is gonna come up, right?!

lol!

~Lisa

Leah Fry said...

I won a trip to Disneyland once, so I think that's probably my good luck quotient right there.

Cute hat, girlie!

Andrea said...

OH, What great goodies!! I never win anything!! You are so lucky!! Those are some of the most fun band aids ever!!

kdwhorses said...

Congrats on all the goodies! I never win anything either!

 

dream weaver stats
Weight Loss Pill